“SIGMA Spring Bonanza” Promotion
Consumer – Game of Chance
C.R.KENNEDY AND COMPANY (ABN 50 008 458 884) of 300 Lorimer St, Port Melbourne, 3207, Victoria Australia
NSW Permit: TP/02864
SA Permit: T23/1223
The Promotion starts at 12:00 am AEDT on the 01/09/2023 and closes at 11:59 pm AEDT on the 31/10/2023. No entries will be accepted after this time.
Entry is open to all Australian residents aged 18 years or older.
Employees, Contractors or Immediate Families of participating retail stores and the Promoter (C.R. Kennedy) are ineligible to enter the competition.
Any Individual Sigma Lens purchased at an actual price lower than 4000.00 Australian Dollars inclusive of GST.
Any authorised Participating Stores in Australia that sells the Participating Products.
You may verify any vendor as authorised by contacting C.R. Kennedy in writing before registering your chance to win.
To enter, entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
1. Purchase, 1 or more Participating Products from a Participating Store (Qualifying Purchase); and
- visit sigmaphoto.com.au/giveaway and fully complete the online entry form by:
- Providing their full name and e-mail address;
- Providing a phone number, date of birth and address;
- Uploading a copy of the original itemised receipt from their Qualifying Purchase, store details, serial number and;
- Providing all other details as requested by the Promoter;
To receive 1 entry in the prize draw.
Proof of Purchase Requirements
Entrants must retain their original itemised receipt showing the Participating Product to verify each entry (Proof of Purchase).
Maximum Number of Entries
Entrants may enter as many times as they like. However, there is only one entry allowed per purchase (per serial number) of Participating SIGMA Products.
Each entry must be submitted separately in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
WINNER DETERMINATION DETAILS
Prize Draw Details
There are a total of 20 prizes that will be drawn after the promotional period.
Method: random electronic selection drawn 20 times.
Draw Process: Random selection to pick Winners from a list of applicants.
Total prize pool valued at Up to $80,000 AUD
Time: 2pm on the 9th of November 2023
Location: 300 Lorimer St, Port Melbourne, VIC 3207
There are twenty (20) Prizes to be won.
Each Prize is the dollar value of the lens purchased to enter the competition. With an upper limit of $4000.00 AUD.
- It is the Winner’s responsibility to ensure they are reachable (via the supplied e-mail address) to receive the Prize(s).
- This Prize must be taken as offered, it is not transferrable, and no cash alternative will be offered.
Total Prize Pool
Total Prize Pool: Up to $80,000 AUD
NOTIFICATION, PUBLICATION, VERIFICATION & DELIVERY
Notification and Publication of Winners
Prize Winners will be notified in writing (by email) within 2 days of the Prize draw and their names/state/territory of residence will be published on the Sigma Photo Australia website on the 10th of November 2023 (10/11/2023) for a period of 28 days.
All Entrants and Winners may be required to:
- Provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency to verify their entry (Proof of Identity). Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion; and
- Send their Proof of Purchase (for all entries submitted during the Entry Period) to the Promoter to verify that the relevant Prize should be awarded.
All Winners will be contacted via email and required to:
- Be contactable through the supplied e-mail to be awarded the prize. The Promoter is not responsible for technical issues faced by the Entrants. Examples include but are not limited to; Emails from the Promoter being filtered as spam / junk within the Winner’s e-mail client. The entrant supplying incorrect e-mail addresses.
- Be willing and able to Provide Bank Account Details to receive the prize via Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Assure the accuracy of the aforementioned Bank Account Details.
If an Entrant/Winner fails to provide Proof of Identity, Proof of Purchase or Bank Details by the time and date stipulated by the Promoter, their entry/prize claim will be deemed invalid at the Promoter's discretion. If a Winner complies with these Conditions of Entry and the Promoter verifies and accepts the entry in accordance with these Conditions of Entry, the Promoter will deliver the relevant prize within 28 days of the Winners being announced, to the Bank Details provided by the Winner.
PRIZE CLAIM DETAILS
Prize Claim Details
All Prizes must be accepted by 24/11/2023 at 5 pm AEDT
UNWON/UNCLAIMED PRIZE ARRANGEMENTS
The Promoter will conduct an unwon/unclaimed prize draw 27/11/2023 at 2pm AEDT to award any prizes that remain unwon or unclaimed in accordance with the Prize Claim Details (Unclaimed Prize Draw). The method of the draw will be identical to the original but for only the remaining slots / unclaimed prizes.
Any Winner/s in the Unclaimed Prize Draw will be notified in writing (via e-mail) within 2 days of the Unclaimed Prize Draw. In the event of a Prize Winner being drawn in the Unclaimed Prize Draw, their name and state/territory of residence will be published on the Sigma Photo Australia website for a period of 28 days.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These Conditions of Entry incorporate and must be read together with the Schedule for this Promotion. The Schedule prevails to the extent of any inconsistency with these Conditions of Entry. Participation in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, except where stated otherwise.
- If this is a consumer promotion, entry to the Promotion is open to residents of the Relevant State/s who meet the Entry Restrictions (if any).
- Entrants must be over the age of 18 years.
- Directors, management, employees, officers and contractors (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or of the agencies or organisations associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. “Immediate families” means spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), whether or not they live in the same household as the director, manager, employee, officer or contractor.
- The Promotion will be conducted during the Promotion Period.
- To enter the Promotion, entrants must complete the Entry Procedure during the Promotion Period.
- Entries may only be submitted in accordance with the Entry Procedure and will not be accepted by the Promoter in any other form. Computer generated or other automated entries will not be accepted. Once submitted, entries may not be altered or deleted.
- Entrants may enter the Promotion up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Multiple entries (where permitted) must be submitted separately and must each separately meet any product purchase requirement specified in the Entry Procedure (if applicable).
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. Online, and other electronic entries are deemed to have been received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Conditions of Entry. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion.
- Incomplete and ineligible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries will also be deemed invalid if they breach these Conditions of Entry as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion or any other content guidelines notified by the Promoter during the entry process for the Promotion.
- Entries must be the entrant's original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant's original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter's satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid.
- An entrant's entry must not include:
- any image or voice of any other person without that person's express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
- any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, offensive, potentially defamatory, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
- any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant's entry.
- By submitting an entry to the Promotion, each entrant agrees to assign all rights in the entry to the Promoter and consents to the Promoter using the entry in any manner the Promoter wishes (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, without payment to the entrant (of royalties, compensation or otherwise). By submitting an entry, each entrant consents to any dealings with the entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights in the entry. The Promoter may copy any content submitted as part of an entry, cause the content to be seen and/or heard in public, and communicate the content to the public. It may also allow third parties to do these things.
- If the Promotion is conducted via the Facebook Platform:
- Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Entrants acknowledge that any information they provide in connection with the Promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
- Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion will be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook.
- Entrants release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Promotion.
DETERMINING AND NOTIFYING WINNERS
- The prize draw(s) (if applicable) will be conducted in accordance with the Draw Details. The prize(s) will be awarded to the valid entry or entries (as applicable) randomly drawn in accordance with the Prize Details.
- If the Promotion includes instant win prizes, the instant win prize(s) will be awarded to the valid entry or entries (as applicable) in accordance with the Entry Procedure and the Instant Win Details.
- Winners will be notified as specified in the Schedule and their name and State/Territory of residence will be published in accordance with the Schedule. The Promoter and the companies and agencies associated with this Promotion may also publish the name and State/Territory of winners on their website(s) and in trade publications. By entering this Promotion, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
- The prize(s) are specified in the Prize Details. The prize(s) are subject to any restrictions specified in the Schedule. The total prize pool is specified in the Schedule.
- If a prize includes vouchers, the vouchers are only valid until the voucher expiry date specified on the voucher or by the provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not be liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
- If a prize includes tickets, the tickets are only valid for the date or period specified on the tickets or by the provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not be liable for any ticket that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
- If a prize includes travel, the prize must be booked and completed as specified by the Promoter or by the supplier of the prize. If the prize is event based, any travel provided as part of the prize must be taken on the dates specified by the Promoter to coincide with the event. The prize is subject to booking and availability, and is subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the relevant providers. All costs associated with a travel prize which are not expressly stated in the Schedule to be included, including additional spending money, passport and visa costs, transfer costs, meals, taxes, insurance, luggage costs and all other ancillary costs, are the responsibility of the winner. The winner and any travelling companion(s) must depart and return at the same time using the same air carrier. The winner and any travelling companion(s) are responsible for ensuring they have all necessary travel insurance (if not included in the prize) and documents to travel to the relevant place(s) (including passports and visas, if required). Any alterations or extensions to confirmed prize details must be approved in advance by the Promoter (at its sole discretion) and will be at the expense of the winner. The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel prize and any costs incurred by the winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the winner. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion(s) are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunisations and/or health checks prior to taking the prize.
- If the one of the people taking or participating in a prize is under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian of the winner must be present for the duration of the prize, as one of the participants. The Promoter reserves the right to appoint a chaperone to accompany the participants taking the prize. The participants agree to the chaperone being present with them for the duration of the prize and agree to comply with any reasonable directions or guidelines notified to them by the Promoter or their chaperone.
- Prizes must be claimed by the Prize Claim Date in accordance with any claim instructions set out in the Schedule.
- If this Promotion involves instant win tickets such as specially marked product wrappers or scratchies, winners must present their winning ticket to be eligible to claim a prize. The Promoter is not responsible for late, lost, destroyed, altered, damaged or defaced tickets. Bona fide tickets may incorporate security and/or verification measures to guard against fraud. The Promoter and the suppliers of prizes may conduct security and/or verification checks in their absolute discretion to determine whether a ticket is bona fide. A ticket is void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way or if it or any part of it fails any of the security or verification checks. Printing errors and other quality control errors will not be used as the sole basis for refusing prize claims. If the advertised instant win prize pool is exceeded, all valid claims for prizes will be met.
- If a prize is not accepted or claimed by the Prize Claim Date, the relevant winner's entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to distribute the unclaimed prizes in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Arrangements specified in the Schedule, subject to any directions given by any relevant authority. Winners of unclaimed prizes will be notified and have their names and State/Territory of residence published in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Arrangements.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over telephone communications, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) any costs incurred.
- The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid, and prohibit further participation by an entrant in this Promotion, if the entrant:
- fails to verify their personal details and/or eligibility to enter the Promotion to the Promoter's satisfaction;
- tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion;
- submits an entry which in the Promoter's opinion is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry;
- acts in a disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or
- engages in conduct in entering the Promotion which in the Promoter's opinion is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes where entrants share receipts or product labels to enter the Promotion or where entrants use multiple names or addresses to register multiple entries.
- Entrants must comply with the Verification Requirements. The Promoter may require entrants to provide these to the Promoter or its agent as part of the entry verification or prize claim process. Failure to provide these to the Promoter's satisfaction will result in the relevant entry being declared invalid (and, at the Promoter's discretion, in all of the entrant's entries being declared invalid).
- All entries will be the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation. The value of each prize is accurate as at the time of preparation of this material. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a prize after that date. If a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute it for another item of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Relevant State(s), if required. If a winner does not take an element of a prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the Prize. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if any prize (or any part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason.
- If requested by the Promoter, entrants and winners (or their companion(s), if applicable) must sign (or procure that their parent/guardian signs) an indemnity and exclusion of liability form provided by the Promoter, in favour of the Promoter and all parties involved in this Promotion and/or providing the prize, before they participate in the Promotion and/or the prize. If they or their parent/guardian do not sign that form within the time specified by the Promoter, they will not be able to participate and the relevant entrant's or winner's entry or claim will be deemed invalid. Where an entry is declared invalid prior to the Prize Claim Date, the Promoter may determine a new winner in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Arrangements.
- If requested by the Promoter, entrants and winners (and their companion(s), if applicable) must participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding this Promotion or their winning of a prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter and its associated companies and agencies using their name and image in promotional material.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion does not or is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Relevant State(s), if required.
- The Promoter's decisions in connection with the Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in some aspects of the Promotion or the prize and that participation in the Promotion or the prize may involve participating in dangerous activities. By entering this Promotion and/or accepting the prize, entrants accept that risk for themselves and for their companion(s) (if applicable).
- The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies and the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion (including Facebook, if the Promotion is conducted via a Facebook Platform) will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
- The Promoter may at its absolute discretion prohibit an entrant's participation in this Promotion, cancel or suspend a prize or other cease to provide any prize to a winner if the entrant or winner (or any companion) is (in the Promoter's opinion) under the influence of alcohol or drugs, behaves aggressively or disruptively, or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name and reputation of the Promoter or its products and brands, or is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this Promotion results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office's stated view that where the parties are at arm's length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.