Sigma’s new 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 II DG HSM is an update to the 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG ASP HSM, which has been a photographer favorite since it was first introduced in 2002. Revisions to the lens include the inclusion of one Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass element and four of the company’s new “F” Low Dispersion FLD glass elements to compensate for color aberration and provide high image quality. FLD glass is the highest level, low dispersion glass available with extremely high light transmission and performance equal to fluorite glass.
The new 12-24mm contains three glass mold elements and one hybrid aspherical lens for advanced performance and compact and lightweight construction. It also features Super Multi-Layer Coating to reduce flare and ghosting, and a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) to ensure quiet and high-speed autofocus, while allowing full-time manual focus override. Its minimum focusing distance is 11 inches throughout the entire zoom range; its maximum magnification ratio is 1:6.4.
|Lens Construction||17 Elements in 13 Groups|
|Angle of View||122-84.1 degrees|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||6|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||28 cm / 11 in|
(Diameter x Length)
|85x120.2 mm/3.3x4.7 in|
|Weight||670g / 23.6oz.|
|HSM - Hyper-Sonic Motor
DG - DG for Digital
* Nikon mounts do not have an aperture ring. Some functions may not work depending on the camera model.
* PENTAX SFX and SF7 cannot be used.
* Nikon and Pentax mount lenses do not have an aperture ring. Some functions may not work depending on the camera model.
* If the camera body does not support HSM, auto focus will not be available. * This lens cannot be used with film SLR cameras with the exception of the Nikon F6 and Canon EOS-1v.
* The appearance and specification are subject to change without notice.